Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-12-2005 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber

Big Problem with GI Tutorial

Hey guys, I have been working on the GI model for about a month now, and so far things have been going quite well. However, last night as I finished video 6, I must have accidentally saved my smoothed mesh (he asks to convert to nurbs, but since I am including this model in a game mod, I converted it to polys to see what it looked like) on top of my base mesh. So now I have no access to my base mesh unless I make use of a model that I saved around the time that I finished video 5. In top of that, I can't even convert this higher poly count poly model into SubDs anymore. Is there any possible way to discover that lost file, or is it forever gone? If that is so, I could possibly live with that if I could at least convert this model to subds so as to smooth the ridges down the middle of the head when I duplicate and combine the one half of the face. If anyone could help, today or tomorrow would be excellent, I would really appreciate, as I have to post the head for an update tomorrow.

Thanks.

Attached Files
File Type: rar gi_tutorial.rar (187.7 KB, 240 views)