Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-01-2003 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber

xbox finished

Hey everyone, I think I'am totally done with this so decided to post it up... Crits. be as rough as possible, I wont mind. I'll make sure not to do the same mistakes

# 2 22-01-2003 , 08:28 PM
Kevin
ok roach105! you asked for it user added image

no seriously I think this is not to far from done, in my rush I should have said this in the wip.. (oh also see my post in announcemenets on the gallery)

My main concern on this render is the background, the box itself looks quite nice. Maybe a little to reflective on front.

The control needs to be a little "sharper" it looks a little faded I have not my controller in front of me but it looks about right in shape... please correct me if im wrong any one.

oh one thing i just noticed... the middle circle insert has more og a lip around the edges.. or does on mine (but this is nitpicking)

Right the background: my prob with this is that it just dosnt look right as in what material it is.

I looks kind of solid and matt in places but yet I see reflectivity on it. I would think about replacing the whole background to be honesty as it does not give your work credit.

I hope not to offend

# 3 22-01-2003 , 08:38 PM
Subscriber
Kevin this is the type of Feedback I like. After staring at the image on your screen for awhile you begin to go crazy.

1. mental ray was used along with HDR image that is the reflective stuff on the surface. one spotlight was added for shadow.

2. I have noticed that the top edge of the controller is not sharp enough.

3. the texture is off a bit for the xbox logo on the system.

should I change the background to lighter colour? I originally wanted to place it in a living room environment but I was not able to find a high res. image to put this on.

txs. for the feedback, keep em coming. I like it.

# 4 22-01-2003 , 08:49 PM
Kevin
I would like to see it in a nice glass front cabinet!

# 5 22-01-2003 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
I don't know what the x-box really look like, but I think a different shader on the box would be more exiting. I am thinking of a shader that could be black, but with small - small dents in it to give it that roughf plastic cast. The specular would be more exiting and "real" looking too I think.

I agree with Kevin regarding the background; and I want to say that a wooden floor would be more appropriate.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 6 23-01-2003 , 04:33 AM

Controller

The Controller looks really smaller compard to the "X" Box scale it abit and the wire to ..then it will look grat and do what unseth talked about and it will look really good ..

Duel Athlon XP 1800+ \Wildcat VP790 \220 GB
# 7 23-01-2003 , 04:35 AM
or scale the XBox ...user added image

Duel Athlon XP 1800+ \Wildcat VP790 \220 GB
# 8 23-01-2003 , 05:56 AM
Subscriber
Txs guys I am trying to work on some sort of plastic shader not sure if I should just do specs on the shader or use bump also. The controller will be scaled up and need to fix some edges on it.

# 9 23-01-2003 , 02:27 PM
Looks great, All i think it needs is a little work on the surroundings.

They yellow is a bit distracting.

Looking forward to updates....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb