Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 14-02-2013 , 04:13 PM
vfx rocks

i want to make a short vfx clip for the movie which my classis going to make help pls

hello this is my first post so pls forgive if any errors. so for my clip this is what was told to me, an ocean scene , a comet crashing into it , huge explosion, big waves, scene cleared then camera moves close and the object comes to visible. I know some basic of maya from pdf( took me two weeks to study the entire thing ) but still don't know how to plan and all of my rendered scenes which I tried are very fast I need them slow and steady . can anybody help me somehow by telling me the way I have to proceed , the information can be provided in multiple posts pls I need this working it is very imp,user added image

# 2 14-02-2013 , 06:43 PM
The thin red line
Thats a lot of work for some one new to maya how realistic does it need to be.............dave

# 3 14-02-2013 , 08:07 PM
Technical Director
Not to discourage you, but doing something like this would be a feat for a person that has been using Maya for years; let alone weeks. You might want to tweak your script to allow for something a little less ambitious.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 15-02-2013 , 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
That's a lofty undertaking there. Out of curiosity, are you solely responsible for this shot?

- Genny
# 5 15-02-2013 , 11:23 AM
vfx rocks

Thats a lot of work for some one new to maya how realistic does it need to be.............dave

thank you for replying , I told my friends it is very difficult but you know when everyone is doing something cool like one is learning to handle camera etc I thought I also could try to put my best even if the scene is very bad in its bad in quality but still I have to do something and present it to them if it is diffcult in maya can u suggest me some alternative