Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-06-2006 , 02:12 AM

UV importing

I was trying to figure out how to do UV textures and stuff so i dled this guys tutorial

https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=94

and ive figured out how to do most of it until he imports the UV textures into maya then i get completely lost on how he does that and i cant find any options in the UV texture editor how to import htem after i color them and wut not in photoshop cany anyone tell me how to import the UV texture from photoshop to maya 6.5?

# 2 25-06-2006 , 05:32 AM
There are a few ways to do it...are you updating the PSD file from the UV editor mode? Or did you just save it as a .tga file?

If you just save the file from the UV layot, you can just make a new blinn in the hypershade, next to the color option click on the checker box, and then click on file, find your file and apply it to the color. Then just apply this hypershade color to the model and it should work out just fine.

If you are doing the PSD update, you should be able to go into the UV editor window with your layout and click on the update PSD network button.

# 3 30-03-2007 , 04:51 AM

UV difficulty

I don't know why, but I haven't been able to put my newly designed texture back onto my modeled wall. It just has a wall mounted picture thing and I can't get it up.

Not sure why. I saved it as a jpeg. I assigned the wall a new blinn and clicked on the checkered square next to the colour, then clicked File and located the jpeg. It did not seem to make any difference, and I'm wondering if the file was saved in the wrong format.

I look forward to any sort of help with regards to this. I'm designing a talk show television set with sofas and particular camera positions for a film course. Managed to do a bit of 3D on the way and I forgot just that little bit in the process of putting a picture on the UV.