Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-11-2002 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber

Tutorials

i think we should have a written tutorial section as well as video user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 08-11-2002 , 08:56 PM
SM Alumni
I'm not sure you would get anyone to commit to the time required to type it all out Nem, & you'd need some pics in too for clarity. Video seems to be a smoother way of getting it across.
I stand to be corrected by the best tute guys i've seen, btwuser added image

gimme everything u got
# 3 08-11-2002 , 10:08 PM
Subscriber
yeah video is much easier to get something across, but some people who have good ideas might not have any way to record this stuff, or have a fast enough internet connection to submit these big vid files user added image thats all im saying

- Simon

# 4 09-11-2002 , 05:50 AM
I reckon it's a good idea, especially for those who have 3gb a month caps like i do.

# 5 09-11-2002 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber
i think SMvideo are much easier for learning Maya !! user added image in SM free video AND VIP video are amazing !!! user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 6 09-11-2002 , 11:37 AM
Videos Rule!

Seriously though, I understand both views buth do a search in Google for "Maya Tutorials" ... now that´s a lot right? Now try: "Maya Video Tutorials", not that much ... See my point?

Internet is full of Maya´s written tutorials, but the choice of over-the-shoulder tutorials is either slim, or pricey so perhaps this for the moment being is the best choice all around.

# 7 09-11-2002 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
yeah i no there are a lot of tuts on the net, but most of em are crap user added image and seeing as this site is a community based site, i think ppl shud b able to write their own tuts and put them on the site user added image

- Simon

# 8 09-11-2002 , 03:02 PM
Kevin
yes we are going to be working on a html maya tutorial section before xmas.... we have been planning it for a while now!

so hope this helps all

# 9 20-11-2002 , 07:09 PM
Subscriber
video tutorials are much much much better.... when you go wrong in the middle of something... just go back and see what the instructor has done.. well, adding a html maya tutorial section would help a lot too... since there are so many people in simply maya.. .. wait.. do you mean that people make their own tutorials and submit em', if its not... i hope you guyz make another section for that!!

# 10 20-11-2002 , 07:11 PM
Subscriber
it would help a lot of people... since most of the people come here searching for tutorials... when the find that archive.. i tell ya.. they are going to be glued to the site for quite a long time!