Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 13-07-2008 , 10:12 AM
Subscriber
what are those things on the side?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 32 13-07-2008 , 10:40 AM
Wings...

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 33 13-07-2008 , 11:09 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kurt
Base head for that one was a old maya head i while ago.

Playing around some more...

Only 4 days until the world gets to see the actual actor version of this.
The model looks GREAT kurt, keep it up.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 34 13-07-2008 , 12:21 PM
Subscriber
it makes me want zbrush....

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 35 15-07-2008 , 04:19 AM
Lot of little shape tweaking.... so much more planned

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 36 15-07-2008 , 07:34 AM
more cloth play

Attached Thumbnails

# 37 15-07-2008 , 01:30 PM
the cloth play is fun, i'm sure, but when you think about it, VERY impractical... any movement and that thing'll be flappin around in the wind.

Accept no substitutions.
# 38 15-07-2008 , 06:31 PM
YA its just the top layer. will have a lot more under it.. with some cool metal work hopefully.

# 39 15-07-2008 , 09:42 PM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
any movement and that thing'll be flappin around in the wind.

I don't mind :lmao:

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 40 15-07-2008 , 10:22 PM
She is roughly based on they succubus from Wow as well as the gnome with my own ideas for colth and looks. In the end they will be posed together...

Attached Thumbnails

# 41 15-07-2008 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kurt
She is roughly based on they succubus from Wow as well as the gnome with my own ideas for colth and looks. In the end they will be posed together...

uh-oh, a WOW abuser on our hands eh? haha. The models are looking great so far kurt, put those wow artists to shame!

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 42 15-07-2008 , 11:14 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I think you should really push this alot more Kurt.

As Im looking at and Im seeing just a model that could have been done in Maya alone right now. Push the detail to an extreme. Then if its too much dial it back by dropping a resolution or two.

I feel the creases around the bra/breast area would be non-existant because the breasts would basically fill that area out, unless shes got a set of saggy hot water bottles under there. Check some references

the model seems caught in the world of a Pixar animation and something off Captain scarlet, and would I think benefit from having some more detail put into it.

cheers
Jay

# 43 15-07-2008 , 11:44 PM
Thanks guys still learning alot about the program.

Jay i havent really started the detailing yet more blocking out form and shapes still. once everything blocked i go in and really start making clean lines and deatils...

Will get on the suggestions=)

# 44 15-07-2008 , 11:47 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Ahh okay mate, my bad, I think Ive been looking at the thread for quite a while and the model isnt updating as quick as I'd like to see it.

carry on sir! I'll get my coat!

cheers
Jay

# 45 16-07-2008 , 01:08 AM
No worries Jay, I wish I had more time to get her done faster, as well as since she is still one of my first projects in ZB want to make sure i know what im doing the right way and make it as good as i can so i be taking my time a bit.

Fixed the shirt draps more off the breast instead of going under so sharp. she will have cords and shirt under the loose one hopefully.

Legs are blocked out off to the feet..

Attached Thumbnails