Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 29-12-2002 , 08:00 AM

Video Capture

i know this is somewhat off subject but i wasent sure which forum to place it in but here goes i bought a video capture card by pinnicle systems.. with the software it will capture great but it will only allow me to capture with mpeg and a few other compression methods so i want to use it with premier and capture full uncompressed frames but every time i try to use it premier says the device is in use by another application and i went to the point of killing every proccess possible even explorer ( im using windows xp by the way) and restarting adobe premier and it still claims somthing is using the device any one have any sugesstions

I HATE NURBS
<a href="//www.brink-x.com">www.brink-x.com</a>
# 2 09-01-2003 , 09:46 AM
Kevin
me and dave done a job once on a pinnicle card. We had to call daves room mate in the end as he knows quite a bit... Ill see if dave can pass the message on mate and see if we can get some feedback for you

# 3 09-01-2003 , 02:36 PM
Subscriber
just bought pinnacle and taking it back, it doesnt like maya on my system.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 4 14-01-2003 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber
I have a pinnacle firewire card and it pulls in the footage from my DV camcorder in uncompressed AVI.

It looks to be just a standard firewire card...I suppose it's the software that counts.

I have also pulled it in to Premiere from my camera as an umcompressed AVI.

I'm not sure if that's going to be any help, since I haven't had any issues with the device as of yet.

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 5 14-01-2003 , 07:47 AM
A little correction (couldn't help it). DV is not uncompressed. PAL DV is YUV compressed with 4:2:0 sampling (NTSC DV is 4:1:1. Not 100% sure).

When you "capture" from a DV camcoder, you're actually just copying the stuff. No image processing done here and thus no loss in quality. If you use just straight cuts with no effects whatsoever and export it back to tape you're not loosing any quality either.

But as soon as you use just a simple color correction transition or effect, you're gonna have to re-compress that part. This is where the DV codec quality comes in. The default MS DV codec isn't the best available. For example Canopus and Mainconcept DV codecs are much better.

Here's more info: https://www.adamwilt.com/DV.html

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!