Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-09-2013 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber

acceptable resolution for showreel

hi all,

im not at the stage where im ready to put a show reel together, but i am aware when rendering out a personal project that i dont want to have to do it all again when the time is right - my computer is ok, but not great and some animated scenes that have a lot of frosted glass type materials, higher glossy samples etc are going to take a long time to render out at 1920 x 1080px

- i just wondered what resolution i should be aiming for? if its a show reel of someone not currently working in the industry, looking to get a generalist junior job, could i get away with 1280 x 720px?

any advice greatly appreciated,
nicky

# 2 08-09-2013 , 11:23 PM
EduSciVis-er
I'm pretty confident you can get away with 720p, but I haven't really submitted a reel for a job before, so we could get some more opinions.