Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 04-03-2004 , 03:58 PM
Do you have a side reference to go along with the front?

If not you might want to find matching front and side views for a first time head modelling project.

If you can't find a matching set on the net then get a cheap digital camera and find a volenteer and make your own.

Be sure to set the camera's zoom if it has one to maximum and get far away from the subject to minimize perspective errors. Also, have the model stay seated and focused straight ahead on some target then move the camera to get the side shot. Use a tripod and try to maintain the same distance from the subject for both front and side shots.

Good luck.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 17 04-03-2004 , 05:01 PM
ctbram
i dont have amatching side reff but i think i will use my cam to get one thanxuser added image

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 18 07-03-2004 , 12:34 AM

more updates!

what do ya think of the eyes??? im not reely happy with them what can i do to fix em???

Attached Images

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 19 07-03-2004 , 12:41 AM
one more...

Attached Thumbnails

# 20 07-03-2004 , 06:13 AM
i got your pm and i put you on my AIM buddy list so we can help each other. but let me get started on some tips about the eye parts cuz im still learning too..

what really helps while making the eye area is that you have a sphere (nurbssphere preferred) in place of an eye and also put it in a layer in case you want to set it as template and what not.

then for the eye lid area umm, well ok the way i making it before was wrong but when i put a mirror on the side of my monitor and i started feeling the shape the areas of my face and looking at in the mirror, i was able to learn how to make it look closer & closer..although right now im still learning, the best thing i recommend is looking at a mirror.

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>