Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 27-02-2003 , 11:28 AM

Skin Problems

Hi,
Have modeled a simple dude using a subdiv-polycube, then created the skeleton and ikHandles for feet and hands and then smooth skinned.

The result however has a slight problem. When I move the skeleton, the skin moves twice. This is especially evident when I rotate the skeleton, rotating the skeleton 180degs makes the body rotate 360degs.

Is there something obvious I am missing?

# 2 27-02-2003 , 11:36 AM
Subscriber
what may have happened is that you have grouped the skin and the bones to a new group and you rotate this
new group instead of just rotating the bones....

hope this helps

Konstantinos

You know, there are at least two ways of getting things done... Your way and the right way...
# 3 27-02-2003 , 01:22 PM

unfortunately no

Just tried removing the overall grouping, and just moving / rotating the skeleton, same problems.

Its really annoying me...

# 4 27-02-2003 , 01:30 PM

problem solved

forgot to delete the poly to subdiv mesh, so my skeleton was moving the mesh 1 unit and the subdiv object 1 unit, making it double the moves... now I can go to sleep and not have nightmares.user added image