Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-02-2003 , 06:59 PM
Subscriber

shader

how can i create a white very white marble shader ?? (a white mirror in fact !!)

thx all
user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 2 23-02-2003 , 07:12 PM
Well, do you want your mirror white? or are the things that the mirror is reflecting all white?

You can do this, however, if the things that your mirror is reflecting are not white, then you may loose some of the whiteness in your mirror I believe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 23-02-2003 , 11:05 PM
Subscriber
yea, thats what has been puzzling me for a long time.. when you look into your mirror.. you get a image which is exactly flipped right? But the weird thing is.... what color is the mirror? Silver? Because if you really think of it.. its all the colors displayed because color is just a trick with lights and our eyes. But yea, can anyone answer this? Is a mirror (standard) actually a certain color.. like silver, or is it actually nothing but our mind tricks us to think its silver because of what we see? As for Cyrius.. all i can say is if you make a Blinn, then double click on it.. and change the color to white.. then fool with the settings, you can get some pretty bright whites. It will probably not work too well though because you get shadows when you render it and whatnot.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 23-02-2003 , 11:29 PM
In reality, a mirror is silver. There is a tape that goes on the back of glass, that make the glass reflective as a mirror. This tape is silver. But, I dont see why you need a color at all, once the tape and the glass are put together to make a mirror, then the only color you can see is what is reflected.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 5 24-02-2003 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber
Ah so its the combo of the two that kinda knocks out the color. Thanks Ultragames user added image.

# 6 24-02-2003 , 01:18 AM
it sounds like what you want, though, is a marble-like surface that reflects an image.

You need to be careful and not push the image all the way to white, as the reflection will be added on top of the diffuse color of the surface. By making the diffuse color max out at a light gray and lighting appropriately, you can make the marble SEEM white while still maintaining detail in the reflection.

Remember, we see whites not only as a result of high value but also because of contrast with darker objects in the scene.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 7 24-02-2003 , 01:39 AM
Subscriber
Oh, so what if EVERYTHING was white... lol, j/k with ya. Thats good to know user added image... thnx mark.

# 8 27-02-2003 , 09:25 AM
Subscriber
ok thx @ll !!!!! thx for answers !

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !