Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-08-2004 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber

patch model stitched?

Ok, I'm finally going to ask the question that I have always wondered about for about a year now: Do you stitch every piece of a nurbs patch model together when you're done? I must admit that I've never seen anyone do this and have only seen tutorials about the actual patch modeling process to make a model, but obviously if you try to rig a nurbs patch model then deform it, the seams of the model where the patches are go crazy.

If so, what kind of stitching is needed? Global?

# 2 17-08-2004 , 01:46 PM
Subscriber
usually a global stitch works just fine. as for the seams when the surface is deformed, it's really a matter of where you place your patches. usually the patched model has the seam on the bones not the joints, or where there will be least deformation. like a head usually does not have sea,s at the corners of the mouth etc...