Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 02-11-2006 , 08:48 AM

My first maya project!! Diner Time

This is my very first maya work: user added image
Hope you like it user added image

Diner Time

Finished work: user added image
This is my finished work, edited in photoshop. user added image

Finished Render: user added image
This is my finished render, not edited in photoshop. user added image

Looking forward to hear your comment :p

Greets Endura.

# 2 02-11-2006 , 01:26 PM
looks good. The lighting in the photoshopped version seems a bit off.

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 3 02-11-2006 , 08:47 PM
My first work wasnt that good user added image great so far user added image

Crits: maybe the floor is too reflective and u should change the lightning... if u trained some, maybe u are able to enlighten the scene just with the candles, to create a very romantic mood user added image

atm it looks like some burglers are disturbing the diner with their flashlights user added image user added image user added image

# 4 02-11-2006 , 08:51 PM
@dockode
Thanks user added image

@S3rj_T4nKi4n
Thanks!!!! user added image
Your absolutly right, it does look like burglers are disturbing the diner user added image. lighting the scene is so hard for me at this moment, knowing wicht type of light to place where etc. user added image ill keep on treaning and hope i get better in that user added image

Greets endura

# 5 01-12-2006 , 01:06 PM
For your first piece of work thats amazing. I think how you modeled the place was excellent. I really like the version just rendered because the lighting is to intense or something but I like how you lit the candles!

# 6 01-12-2006 , 02:00 PM
Senior Software Developer
Good Job on your first attempt. As stated before the lighting is pretty poor. It looks like you have a single spotlight illuminating the entire scene?

Try using ambient lights on each candle set the colour to a light orange and turn on raytrace shadows foreach one to see if you get the right effect from the shadowing. Also keep the spot, but widen the cone area and and turn down its intensity and do not use shadows.

For me the biggest problem is light not falling on the table, the first place light would hit would be the table.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 7 01-12-2006 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
i wouldnt use ambient lights
they make images look flat as the cast an even amount of light over everything maing the image not look as good

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 8 01-12-2006 , 04:35 PM
True, point lights would be the best to simulate the rooms light bulbs, although they take longer to render, but thats the trade off.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle