Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 28-02-2008 , 03:24 PM

Fender from Robots

It's been away for a really long time, busy with work and learning programing but I'm back in the Maya saddle again and look forward to learning more Maya skills. Since I modeled Rodney, I figured a good place to start would be to model Fender. I would have posted progress renders but once I started, I just couldn't bring myself to stop.

I'm not going for perfection here as I'm just just doing a quick model. Nor will I probably texture it, however as you can tell, I am adding basic colors. Feel free to coment.

Attached Images

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 28-02-2008 , 03:47 PM
Man its been a while.

"I'm not going for perfection"

Your username is Perfecto. You legally have to :p

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 3 28-02-2008 , 09:01 PM
Lifetime Member
Thought the Aliens had abducted you ..lol
Good to see you back.

I'm not going to crit the work as I know it's just good to model anything after a break.

Next project please user added image

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 28-02-2008 , 09:27 PM
Jr.Who
Perfecto! Great to have you back, man!

# 5 29-02-2008 , 02:16 AM
Thanks everyone :-)

It does feel good to be using Maya again. And from the looks of it, everyone who's still around has gotten MUCH MUCH better. I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 6 29-02-2008 , 04:15 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
I like the robot. Are you planning on modeling the whole gang?

I didn't really like the movie to much, but theres some pretty cool designs in there.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 7 29-02-2008 , 06:31 AM
I've have thought about modeling all the main characters but at this point I'm still not sure. I'm leaning more toward my own creation than modeling something that's already been done. I think it would be fun to design and model my own character or space station or star ship. I like sci fi, so that's probably the genre I'll model. However, you'll probably see me model some simple things for a while til I get really comfortable with Maya again.

Exceed Expectations!
# 8 01-03-2008 , 12:01 PM

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 9 01-03-2008 , 01:48 PM
Hey Perfecto, Good to see you back in the fold.

Nice going with the robot dude.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 10 02-03-2008 , 10:36 AM
thanks gster123

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 11 02-03-2008 , 10:46 AM
Hi Really nice job! I saw that movie and don't remember name it's very differents and cool.

user added image

# 12 02-03-2008 , 11:05 PM
Added a little detail during my lunch break

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!
# 13 02-03-2008 , 11:27 PM
hey perfecto - good to see you. user added image

the robots look great and this building is very cool too - is that from the film also? - i haven't seen it.

# 14 03-03-2008 , 05:10 AM
Subscriber
hey nice to have you back, missed seeing your posts.. good job on the models, could use some work but I understand after not being around for a while you start getting a little rusty...

# 15 03-03-2008 , 05:35 AM
Thanks Arran and Rhetoric Camel! It's good to see so many familiar names still around. And yes, I do feel a little rusty, hehe but it's coming back to me pretty quickly. As usual, I'll probably just be modeling and not doing any texturing. But to compromise, I try to add a little color...hehe. I'm pretty worn out from work, so a couple of hours modeling was all I could handle tonight.

Attached Thumbnails

Exceed Expectations!