Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-11-2007 , 07:45 PM

Maya shelves.

Hey I was wondering if i could get the shelves that kurt uses..

# 2 08-11-2007 , 08:15 PM
Subscriber
I have not seen his shelves, but I prosume they are custom shelves with the tools and scripts that he uses most frequently, this is to speed up the workflow.

If you check the help files there is plenty of info on how to create your own shelves and fill them with the tools you use most.

Chris

# 3 08-11-2007 , 08:18 PM
srry i meant the custom shelves...i just wanted to know what he puts on his custom shelf.

# 4 08-11-2007 , 08:20 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by haiddasalami
srry i meant the custom shelves...i just wanted to know what he puts on his custom shelf.

Check his vids. You don't need to add tools to your shelf that you aren't going to use, just because he uses them. Find the tools that you use most and add them.
user added image

# 5 08-11-2007 , 08:22 PM
thx...btw simply maya vids are awesome keep the tutorials coming. Has there been a gun modeling video?

# 6 15-11-2007 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
incase anyone is wondering how to add things to your custom shelves, it is actually very very easy to do.

When you open up a menu hold control + shift and click on the item. You will see it appear in your shelf.

To edit the labels or order that the buttons appears just click and hold on the little down facing arrow to the left of your shelf. Then click on shelf editor and all your options are in there,

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 7 06-07-2008 , 07:32 AM

Originally posted by alexanderH
incase anyone is wondering how to add things to your custom shelves, it is actually very very easy to do.

When you open up a menu hold control + shift and click on the item. You will see it appear in your shelf.

To edit the labels or order that the buttons appears just click and hold on the little down facing arrow to the left of your shelf. Then click on shelf editor and all your options are in there,

thanks alexander.. this is what i was actually looking at the moment.

# 8 06-07-2008 , 07:34 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by random_punk
thanks alexander.. this is what i was actually looking at the moment.

no prob, I'm glad it came in handy. Welcome to SM.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”