Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-08-2004 , 06:32 AM
Subscriber

orb

hey im not sure where to put this but im wanting to make a glowing orb. like an energy orb. and i have no idea how to do it. so please help.

# 2 15-08-2004 , 07:07 AM
Lifetime Member
Hi I know you are just starting out so the easiest way for you to create it would be to create a primitive sphere and then create a new material ( say blin ) for it.Then select your sphere and hit ctrl +A on your keyboard to open the Attribute editor and go to the blin shader tab , then choose the colour you want it to be by clicking on the colour bar and picking it.Now you can play with the Incandescence, this will make the sphere give off light.To further enhance the effect you can go to the special effects tab (still on the blin tab in your Attribute editor) lower down and in that section is a thing called glow intensity, checkmark that and play with that setting to increase the glow.

There are other ways to achieve this ,but this is probably the simpliest way for you.

Goodluck ..

# 3 15-08-2004 , 04:43 PM
Subscriber
ok thx alot yea that helped. im not trying to be picky or anything but i was kinda going for those orbs that kinda have diff colors and they are moving around.

# 4 15-08-2004 , 05:23 PM
Lifetime Member
ok well if you want different colours on your orb ..you have either got to apply a coloured texture to it or id it's a poly sphere you could map diferent faces with different textures and colours, I would map a coloured texture to it myself.

# 5 15-08-2004 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
ok kool thx