Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-05-2008 , 06:57 AM

walk cycle probs

Hi
Have a problem with my project. Animating the character and can’t get a simple walk cycle to work. I’ve animated one step and just want to cycle it over and over (with translation of the character forward) but during playback only the first step is fine and the rest stretches out the skin in the very weird way as if it is dragging behind the “human IK”, even the actual IK is twisted. I can’t figure out what exactly is wrong there. Tried adjusting channel offsets of the clip, as well as some other attributes(Reach Translation/Rotation), that didn’t seem to help in any way, so I am stuck. If anyone can suggest the way to fix this could you please let me know. By he way I am using Maya 8.5 unlimited, and “fbik Character” rig from “Mastering Maya 8.5” book which is not bad(the book I mean, the rig apparently sucks…) but a bit too complicated for my skill(that is not great either)…well this is ONE SAD STORY, anyway I’d appreciate any help and thanks for reading.