Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-05-2008 , 03:35 AM

blocky nurbs.

Hi I was wondering if any one could help me with a little problem.

I have been using maya for some time but I still consider myself a junior, and when I encounter problems such as this, I realise I have much to learn.

My problem is that for some reason any NURB shape that I create with section and span values of lower than 12 comes out very blocky, this shows up in the test render also, is this some kind of quirky setting that I have activated by mistake?

Its just that a few days ago, my NURB shapes was coming out fine, nice and rounded no matter what values I set. Is it my maya program? is it me? or is it a memory problem? although I can't see it being the latter some how.
It would be great if any one can suggest anything.

This is also cause problems with shapes that I have already created before this problem occured, I can no longer manipulate NURB objects without something odd happening to the object, for example DETACHING surfaces.....when I do this the nurb shape deforms into a dimond shape from what was once a nice round sphere before hand.

anyone else have this problem.
thanks a lot.
chaz

# 2 18-05-2008 , 03:38 AM
Jr.Who
Although I don't work with NURBS anymore, could it be that you need to hit 3?

# 3 18-05-2008 , 04:22 AM
Jeessss!

Thank you thank you very much.....flippin heck!
It worked.
I had this feeling it would be somthing as simple as that....heh, heh.....
Cheers for your help, I must have activated that blocky NURB by mistake the other day. tut!

Brilliant I can get on with me jedi star fighter now.

Thanks again.

chaz

# 4 18-05-2008 , 05:16 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
for future reference
1 gives the coarsest
2 medium
3 smoothest

# 5 18-05-2008 , 05:49 AM
Cheers.
I always find its the silliest, littlest things that slow me down like not knowing what keys to press .
thanks for the knowledge. user added image

chaz

# 6 18-05-2008 , 07:07 PM
Subscriber
adding patches via the options box or in the channel box night help some..

take it easy and life will be easy