Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 01-07-2003 , 04:26 PM
Subscriber

July Challenge 2003!

Hey guys, its time for a new competition. It was thought of through me and kevin, started out as being a cartoon dog challenge, then evolved to this:

Pet Beast

In this challenge you are to model a pet, under your control that is no ordinary living species. This "beast" will be mutated, armoured, bulk, huge versions of pets. For example you may want to model off of the general form of a monkey, dog, cat, bird, rabbit or gerbal! You must also include something that shows that you have control over this beast, either a jem that you have and he has attatched to his body, model a whip that has cool powers to control your beast or something, maybe a whistle, glove? You can go as crazy as you want, but one restriction would be to keep these beasts no larger than an elephant, i would think. A good size may be a small car? Hope you find this challenge as cool as I do, because I will be joining this one myself! One good example is the beast off of "Brotherhood of the Wolf" if you have seen the movie. Or Red XII (kinda) for you FFVII fans.

Ok, now if you join either state that you are joining as a Noobie, or Normal entry and write like the following:

"July Challenge - Name - Noobie"
or
"July Challenge - Name - Normal"

Rules:
1. Texturing is allowed.
2. Wire frame shots must be presented at random times.
3. Various shots of the progress, throughout the whole challenge, at different angles.
4. Concept Drawing or Picture, to be presented (where possible).
5. Submit your stills at 640x480, for loading purposes.
6. Final render can be at any size you wish, and all artowork in the render has to of been made by yourself.
7. Finish by last day of month - Exact time not specified, just make sure its finished by this date.
8. Post your final render at whatever size within the "Final render - Noobie" or "Final render - Normal" threads, depending if you joined in the noob category or Normal category.
8. Everything in your final render has to be modelled by you during the challenge.
9. Have lots of fun and learn lots!

If you have any questions post them here, or PM me if its more private.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 2 01-07-2003 , 04:43 PM
Kevin
very cool challenge dude!

# 3 01-07-2003 , 04:50 PM
I agree! Let´s see those biologists now!
-Might even take part in it-

# 4 01-07-2003 , 04:52 PM
I am in for this. I am doing a poo flinging monkey.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 5 01-07-2003 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
Drknow, control him with a toilet paper gun. LOL. If thats what you enjoy when modelling, then go for it user added image. For me I will be modelling a killing machine! Like always user added image.

# 6 01-07-2003 , 11:35 PM
Subscriber
neat idea! Are you in this one M?

# 7 02-07-2003 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber
Heh, yea hporter, i will be joining this one! Im going to go all out as well! user added image

# 8 02-07-2003 , 12:35 PM
Subscriber
Cool idea user added image

I would enter too... but I'm not good enough in Maya yet (even for a noobie challenge user added image) and I'm going in vacation in one week... user added image

whatever!
# 9 02-07-2003 , 12:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
y'know, these challenges are a great way of getting better. user added image

# 10 02-07-2003 , 02:38 PM
hey M, i have a question...does it have to be like some form of a normal pet...cause i was hoping i could do like a mutated bear...is that fine???

- TwEeK
# 11 02-07-2003 , 02:57 PM
Subscriber
"Heh, yea hporter, i will be joining this one! Im going to go all out as well!"

wahoo!! user added image

looking forward to it!

# 12 02-07-2003 , 03:46 PM

july challenge

I'm as new as they come, i'm in, justin

# 13 02-07-2003 , 07:35 PM
Cool. I cant wait to see everyones' models. I cant wait to see mine either......user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 14 02-07-2003 , 08:54 PM
Cool topic! Too bad that I can't participate. Gotta try to finish the stuff I've already started so that I could finally do some kind of demo reel. Gonna take a note of this idea for future use though...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 15 02-07-2003 , 09:23 PM
hi - I'm new to this site and would like to participate in this challeng...so, stupid question...how do i make my own post room to show my work?
thanks