SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Can't select my object

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

04-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
cut_the_krab
Subscriber

Can't select my object
I have 2 objects in my scene. Let's call them the foot and the ring.
I want to select 1 of them, when I do I see the vertices. But when I want to duplicate, it says no object selected.
When I fo back and select the object same thing. I see the purple vertices and blue lines....over and over.
When I right click...I can only choose Complete Tool or Select All. When I select all, both my objects are selected. So after a selection of edges or vertices, what do you hit to have a "clean" arrow to be able to select an object?

Thnx
04-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
gster123

Your in component mode, hit F8 to toggle between object mode (where you can select whole objects) and componet mode (verticies, edges, Cv's etc)
04-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #3
cut_the_krab
Subscriber

Thanks
a lot!