Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-10-2013 , 11:19 PM

Face photography for texture painting

Does anybody know a good website that we can get some hd male face photography for free? I am traying to find good stuff for texture painting but can't seem to get what i want.

# 2 04-10-2013 , 04:13 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 04-10-2013 , 04:15 PM
Lifetime Member
I doubt you will find the quality and accuracy needed for texture painting for free unless you take them yourself(not easy since you have to have even light and exact orphograhic views)
Here is one of the best non free sites https://www.3d.sk

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 05-10-2013 , 04:54 AM
I thought i was loosing my ability to search with google. I didn't know it was that hard to find some good face photography suitable for texturing. i checked some from 3dsk. I think it is impossible to use any of them without editing in pohotoshop first.

# 5 05-10-2013 , 04:22 PM
Lifetime Member

i checked some from 3dsk. I think it is impossible to use any of them without editing in pohotoshop first.

If you intend to use photo ref for texturing you are going to have to use PS or some other photo editing app to create the texture, if you are expecting to just use one picture for a texture then i am afraid it's not going to be very successful as trying to line up an image with a UV snapshot simply will not be possible without bad distortion.

The technique would require you to build up your complete texture using parts of images taken from side,front and other views, this is where good photography comes in because you need the lighting to be even and the same for all images or else you will have a lot of color correcting and matching to do. 3dsk is ideal because they take sets of images for exactly that purpose.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 6 21-10-2013 , 09:19 AM
jsprogg you are right. at first the variances in facial features and the lighting was annoying for me when i saw 3dsk images. i figured out it is not bad at all to have lots of facial features in skin and variances. it gives many options. but i can't tell the same about the lighting in 3dsk images. they could be better. i don't like the white light flashing in different parts of the face...

# 7 28-10-2013 , 02:41 AM
Banned
A blind man with a seeing eye dog at his side walks into a grocery store.The man walks to the middle of the store, picks up the dog by the tail, and starts swinging the dog around in circles over his head. The store manager, who has seen all this, thinks this is quite strange. So, he decides to find out what's going on. The store manager approaches the blind man swinging the dog and says, "Pardon me. May I help you with something." The blind man says, "No thanks. I'm just looking around."d the old man replied, "I told her I was 99, so she would marry me quick!"

# 8 28-10-2013 , 08:01 AM
there's just a blind man, a dog and a grocery guy present in the story. where did the old man came out from?

# 9 28-10-2013 , 11:34 AM
EduSciVis-er
This is why bots shouldn't tell jokes.