Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-01-2004 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber

Help with a circuit...

I have a circuit including a 12V cell, a step up transformer (9v up to 100V) and a light bulb (ive attached a simpliied version of this with this post)

i dont know much about electronics, so its only a simple question, but would it be better to attach a switch to point A in the circuit (on the neutral line) or point B (the one with 12V running through it)?

Which one is it usually attached to? Im looking for the safest option seeing as there's in effect 100V running through the circuit and the wires are slightly exposed

thanks in advance

Attached Images

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 17-01-2004 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber
point B. Always interup the current going to the device dont interupt the neutral from the device. reason behind that is the device must have a safe state and that cannont be done with current constantly to the device.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 17-01-2004 , 07:06 PM
Subscriber
iron_tick is correct about the placement of the switch. Just out of curiosity, what are ya makin'?

# 4 18-01-2004 , 01:29 AM
Subscriber
thanks for that, ill stick it on the red

erm im making a clock with a light inside it user added image ill show u a pic when its done

- Simon

# 5 18-01-2004 , 04:20 AM
Subscriber
So it sounded like you're running a 100+V DC light??? What's that about???

# 6 18-01-2004 , 04:44 AM
Subscriber
lol yeah thats true, i had to take it from my computer cos it was one of those neon string light thingys user added image

- Simon

# 7 18-01-2004 , 04:59 AM
Subscriber
I've never used on of those lights before, but isn't it going to be pulling a lot of current at the 12V cell?

# 8 18-01-2004 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber
erm, never thought of that user added image
its only a 9v cell anyway, but if its runs off of 12V inside the computer, i dont see why it wud be a problem outside of the computer, just a diff type of power supply

this is the stringy lighty i have:
https://www.optxbystreetglow.com/elneonstring.htm

- Simon