Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 24-01-2003 , 05:27 PM
Subscriber
Hey Kevin,
I'm using Maya 4.5 PLE. I don't know if that will be much good for everyone that has a licensed version of maya. You think I should still participate?

Thanks,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 17 24-01-2003 , 06:01 PM
As the models should be able to open with maya 4.0 and 4.5 I guess this rules out the PLE. PLE files (afaik) cannot be opened with the real thing and vice versa.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 18 31-01-2003 , 06:03 AM
Just need something cleared up: What do you mean whan you say the model has to be alone and without props? You mean if I build a soldier he shouldn't have any weapons?

user added image

# 19 31-01-2003 , 02:18 PM
Umm... not sure about this. I guess it is clearer to say no props at all... Kev?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 20 01-02-2003 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
Ok, i dont know if i can find blueprints for it... nor do i know if there ever was... but hitler was planning to make the most ultimate panzer tank.. the name has left my head at this time.. seeing it ran off of 3 battlecruiser engines and made the "mouse" look puny. If anyone knows what this models name was or if you have blueprints someone should consider modelling that user added image. Not me though seeing i really couldnt model a tank at the moment. So kevin or anyone, can i join this contest for fun again as a newbie? Thanks

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 21 01-02-2003 , 11:15 PM
Sure, anyone can participate. You never know if you don't try user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 22 03-02-2003 , 06:58 AM
May I suggest for next contest, we try to do our favorite superhero. Turn that cartoon man into a 3d man. But, that is something I would just find fun. Oh, and if you dont know me thats because I just got maya 4.5 and am completely NEW. So, have fun on your guyz contest, best of luck ((although you guys dont need luck.))

Don't ask, Half the time I don't even know what I'm doing myself.
# 23 09-02-2003 , 03:46 AM
Subscriber
we just had a superhero comp user added image ya missed out wouldve been noember - A/W fixed it us PLE'ers can open real maya files we just cant export user added image - worked yesterday nother $50 towards they maya fund

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 24 28-02-2003 , 04:11 PM
Subscriber
Alright, you MUST have you final render in by today, or you wont be considered in the vote. So far a few of you have done so already, hopefully the rest of you can get the final render in today as well. Just letting you know. Bye.

# 25 01-03-2003 , 06:46 AM
Subscriber
Alright, it seems that this competition is officially over! Thankyou all for joining and the results will be posted some time within the next couple days. Thanks again.