Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 31-05-2010 , 03:46 PM

Extended Duplicate

I never use plugins but I decided to give them a try. I found one that looks useful and followed the install directions precicely. But once I open up maya I can't find it anywhere. Please help if you can.

Plug in link...

https://www.creativecrash.com/maya/do...licate-options

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 31-05-2010 , 04:43 PM
Lifetime Member
have you sourced the Mel script? in the instructions it tells you to put a source command in your usersetup.mel , try sourcing the script by typing source perform_NP_duplicate in the command line and then to run it type perform_NP_duplicate in the command line and highlight and drag it to your shelf.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 31-05-2010 , 06:30 PM
Thanks jsprogg

I typed source perform_NP_duplicate in the command line and that worked. once I run it, it appears in the edit tab with the other duplicate menu items. When I reopen Maya, i have to run it again. Is there a way to have it execute automatically when Maya opens? It's ok if there isn't but would be nice if it did.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 31-05-2010 , 07:08 PM
Actually, I've decided I like it not to be auto loaded. I figure the less that's open, the smoother Maya will run. And besides, it's not something that I would be using all the time anyway.

Exceed Expectations!