Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-12-2010 , 06:31 PM
Administrator

Thumbnails in WIP & Finished Work

Hi everyone,

I've just edited some of your posts in the WIP forum to get the images up as thumbnails to go alongside the threads.

Please use the board attachment system for any posts in WIP and finished work which is under attach files - manage attachments. Also try and tell first time posters this in the future if you catch things without thumbnails so we get a clean and nice looking forum here.

Thanks,
Nilla

# 2 03-12-2010 , 07:10 PM
Subscriber
Is there any possible way you can use this feature without using the board attachment system? I'll be sure to atleast do one picture that way from now on. Although I like hosting them off site so I can have the pictures be larger.

Love the thumbnail previews though, it's a great idea!

# 3 03-12-2010 , 07:22 PM
SM Tea Boy
you can post whatever size images you like as long as there not over 1mb

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 03-12-2010 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
Does the image have to be in the very first post? I uploaded a picture using the manager at the end of my thread and it didn't show up as a thumbnail.

# 5 03-12-2010 , 08:18 PM
Administrator
I think it has to be in the first one yes. Bit of a shame really when you get a bit further, better make the beginning good user added image We were actually thinking if there should be thumbs or not for WIP, at first we were just gonna have it for finished work and gallery, but we thought it might be more interesting in the WIP as well. We'll see as we go along.

# 6 03-12-2010 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber
I'd keep it in the WIP section, but I'd look into a possibility of having it update that thumbnail as you post more pictures as you progress... Or an option to choose which one you can have show as a thumbnail... I don't know anything about messageboards so I have no idea if that's even possible.

# 7 03-12-2010 , 09:49 PM
Administrator
I don't know if that's possible, we'll look at it. You can always add new thumbnail if you feel the initial one misrepresents your thread. Please add thumbnail for the park thread now, I'm editing the WIP forum and as you're online I left yours alone.

# 8 03-12-2010 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
There we go, now it's in the first post and visible in the WIP Thread as a Thumbnail.

# 9 03-12-2010 , 10:11 PM
Administrator
Thanks a lot, I don't like interferring with other people's posts. Looks good, i like that slide you madeuser added image

# 10 03-12-2010 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, the twisty slide was quite a pain to figure out. The double slide was a lot easier in comparison.
Hey if you need to interfere with the post to get the rest of the page looking neat and uniformed then more power to you.

# 11 09-12-2010 , 03:32 AM
EduSciVis-er
I think there should be a sticky in the WIP about thumnails, how to add, which one is shown, how to change etc. as it's not exactly intuitive at the moment. user added image

...yeah, that's right... yellow carded... now don't talk back... oh! user added image

# 12 09-12-2010 , 06:22 AM
SM Tea Boy
I'm planing on extending this feature so it works better. After thats done I'll post a sticky user added image

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"