Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 26-02-2003 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber

Single motherboards

ive been thinkin about single and dual processors, havent decided on which to get yet, but i know which dual board i want (if i go dual), but which single board is the best atm? money is not an issue with this board, but i would love to stick in lots of ram

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 26-02-2003 , 08:04 PM
Subscriber
Well, I'm not real keen on hardware, but I recently purchased a custom built single processor pc. I asked around and most everyone mentioned.
the ASUS A7N8X dlx motherboard. I must say it's a very good one indeed. It only has slots for three ram sticks though, but it can handle 333fsb.

Hope this helps,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 3 27-02-2003 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
hey, how much ram can you have in that mboard?
and will it fit in a midi tower (small case) and have good air flow?

- Simon

# 4 27-02-2003 , 02:18 AM
Subscriber
Hey, i dont know what the name of it is.. but look for the alternate of the P4S8X motherboard (that one is pentium.. theres one for AMD). It supports up to 2 gb of ddr ram (2700) and 8x agp along with up to 3.1 ghz processor by intel... i dont know the exact specs for the AMD version, but maybe you would like to check it out.. it is a ASUS board BTW. I think your looking for AMD.. not sure though. Maybe this helps, dont know user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 27-02-2003 , 03:17 AM
My understanding of the AMD vs Intel bit is this:

AMD is a great value processor with very competitive benchmarks at lower core voltages.....it's a great gaming proc.

Intel however is generally the more expensive cpu....and is geared mostly to computational functions.

Intel has released a 533Mhz FSB not sure about AMD yet......but if your a home user and cannot afford a RISC processor it's the next best thing.

If you use Maya exclusively....I would go Intel

If you use Maya and Game etc....go AMD

I am an AMD advocate....partly because I can get the same performance for a cheaper price.

# 6 27-02-2003 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
Thats cool saiyan user added image. Yea, i basically only do graphic processing now.. im not into the game bit anymore. I just got sim city 4 and that was put into the corner after a few days, even though its such an amazing game.. just dont have the same passion for it as i have for Maya. Thanks for the info user added image. BTW.. whats a RISC processor... and what price range do they fall into?

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 27-02-2003 , 11:25 AM
Subscriber
hey M, that Asus processor, would it be tha A7N8X deluxe by any chance? the one mentioned earlier?

and yeah im looking for an AMD for the reason Saiyan stated, i like my games as well as maya user added image
so no intel for me, besides, its a lot of money

- Simon