Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 46 28-08-2003 , 02:01 PM
Vampus
If you cling to the past, you will remain there.

Evidentially, you could not appreciate the point of the analogy. The point was that that the person was like Hitler, not that his acts were proportionate to those of genocide. The analogy could have been a number of people. Saddam, Hannibal, Cane, Darth Vader. I chose Hitler for simplicity and because he was the first one who popped into my mind. The point of the analogy is, if someone is doing something wrong, you stop them, not tell them to stop and letting them have a month to apologies. Since you like reading my posts so much, you might have also noted the part that said “ok, ok, ok, maybe not the best analogy…”

# 47 28-08-2003 , 02:16 PM
Subscriber

If you cling to the past, you will remain there.

People who don't learn from history are fools, as the quote goes.

Sorry if I gave the impression I liked reading your posts; that was wrong of me. Perhaps as I don't have the capacity to appreciate your analogies we should agree to disagree. Please don't be concerned that your point might be taken as offensive to those of us who don't regard Hitler as somthing that happened a long time ago and can never happen again. If you had been to Bosnia perhaps you would not think that element of human capacity is a thing of the past.

Hitler and Darth Vader? LOL

Last edited by Witchy; 28-08-2003 at 02:28 PM.
# 48 28-08-2003 , 02:28 PM
Vampus
I quite agree, although I haven't heard the quote in that form before. The only one I'm familar with is "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like reading my posts. Perhaps I can jazz them up a bit for you with some user added image and a few user added image ? You must atleast take some comfort in the fact that atleast you won't read any flaming or attacks in them. user added image

EDIT: I agree, that we agree to disagreeuser added image

Don't get me wrong, I feel a great sorrow for what happened in Bosnia and Germany and all the other travesties. But I still have faith in humanity...my view is learn from the past, be compassionate of the present and vigilant for the future

# 49 28-08-2003 , 02:30 PM
Subscriber

You must atleast take some comfort in the fact that atleast you won't read any flaming or attacks in them.

Must I? When you start I'll be sure to try to be comforted.

The quote is Winston Churchill. Speech to the House of Commons 1941.

Last edited by Witchy; 28-08-2003 at 02:33 PM.
# 50 28-08-2003 , 02:40 PM
Vampus
You'll be waiting a while for me to start, I don't suggest you hold your breath, you might go all blue user added image

Churchill eh? Should I be surprised? user added image My prefered quote is "In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies."

# 51 28-08-2003 , 02:42 PM
Subscriber
If you want a flame fest, perhaps you might find someone else. You can 'be surprised at' and insult them then and hide it behind smilies. Someone else might find that amusing. Not my cup of tea I am afraid.

Last edited by Witchy; 28-08-2003 at 02:45 PM.
# 52 28-08-2003 , 02:52 PM
Vampus
a) I'm not here to flame ANYONE
b) "be surprised at" was not that YOU liked that quote, but that Churchill SAID that quote.
c) I'm not out to insult anyone, and if it was viewed that way, I'm sorry.
d) If the tea is Earl Grey, I'll take 1, white, no sugar thanks :-)

# 53 28-08-2003 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber
Decaff?

I don't want to flame or be flamed either. So that's a jolly outcome.

Last edited by Witchy; 28-08-2003 at 02:57 PM.
# 54 28-08-2003 , 03:02 PM
Vampus
Coffee? It was a joke.

# 55 28-08-2003 , 03:03 PM
Vampus
Good, we are on the same page thenuser added image

So...What about those Yankee's eh? user added image

# 56 28-08-2003 , 03:10 PM
what the .... it started again. Please stop flaming at all. do not forget kevins post about closing the forum. He was serious about that.

# 57 28-08-2003 , 03:13 PM
Vampus
EagleKing, incase you hadn't notice, we had stopped debating the issue. user added image I personally don't think any flaming occured, just a difference of opinions.

# 58 28-08-2003 , 06:56 PM
I think the sarcastic humor in my last stament was missed...?

user added image

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 59 29-08-2003 , 02:17 AM
>>>now with his username and account banned we will never hear from him again, we may hear from other people clamming to be him for a joke (like we did with dale) but we will never know its him or somone else.<<< originally posted by mushroomgod

Who is this Dale fellow, eh?

# 60 29-08-2003 , 03:40 AM
carriot juice... pay attention to the thread... We already covered this.

He pulled the same thing Mark did, and then claimed to be mentaly ill.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!