SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / Alembic imported daz models won't work as colliders

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

16-07-2018, 10:35 PM   #1
Shermon

Alembic imported daz models won't work as colliders
I've been following a reallusion tutorial and animating characters in iclone and exporting as alembic into Maya. Everything is working fine except if I try to add ncloth to the daz characters Maya crashes either when I make the model a passive collider or when I press play to begin the simulation. If it's an iclone model it works and if it's a daz model imported as fbx it works. Only alembic daz genesis 3 and 8 crash.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I can do to try and fix it?

I've been searching and searching and the only scrap of information that might be related is a post I found somewhere mentioning Maya having a problem recognizing alembic as a collision object.