Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-03-2011 , 08:39 PM

Screwy Geometry

I have been taking a Maya class and trying to apply some of the processes. However, some things are not working that well. attached are captures of a part of a lounge chair. As you can see, when I bevel the geometry I get wacky results.

Any suggestions on how I should approach creating a piece like this? I have been working with polygons and extruding.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-03-2011 , 09:33 PM
Lifetime Member
Try reducing the offset mate...I think it is set at 1 at present...try 0.5 or lower and see what that does.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 25-03-2011 , 05:03 AM
I would try a much simpler approach like this.

Cheers
Terry

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 28-03-2011 , 07:47 PM

I would try a much simpler approach like this.

Cheers
Terry

Thanks. That worked. After much trial and error and almost 12 hours, I've completed my first model in Maya.
I did the same thing in Sketchup in 15 minutes. Of course I'm now trying Maya and I'm experinced with SU. Also, the SU model does not look nearly as nice as this.

Attached Thumbnails