Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 01-07-2008 , 12:36 PM

New Real Time Viewer

Hey whats up everbody. my name is shane and i go to the art institute of CA-LA. I just went to this site https://www.applied-ideas.com/real-time.html. I found this awesome real time viewer called IViewer3D that exports for Max and Maya. They have a free beta on the site that you can download. The great part about it is that it's really easy to use and you can package your scene as an executable to give to other people. Also it's got an easy scripting interface, normal and spec map support and particles systems. So check it out, cuz its free and will definitely help you out.

Shane

# 2 21-07-2008 , 09:22 AM
Hello thank you man. Are you the owner of this technique?

# 3 21-07-2008 , 09:42 AM
Senior Software Developer
hmmm...

2 new posters offering up stuff. Both advertising...

Sounds like a gimic to me, and smells faintly suspicious lol

Only j/k folks...

I have used a similar system before and it works really well for viewing ur 3D game content inside a small test engine. I prefer XNA Game System and a quick bit of coding to get the assets in as its a purpose built system by MS and is PC and XBox360 compatible. It supports most standard file formats including fbx so animation is no hassle...

I might need a little bit of coding but not too much and the tutes are really easy to get through...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)

Last edited by R@nSiD; 21-07-2008 at 10:10 AM.