Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-04-2005 , 10:24 AM

Visualizations

Howdy SM'ers,

It's been a while since my last post but I have been pretty busy with work and would like to share with you guys what I have been up to..hehe, anyways, here are a few renders of the work we have recently completed for a client.......

user added image

user added image

user added image

a few more.....

user added image

user added image

thats about it...See you later guys user added image

MainlineX

-------------------------------------------
# 2 18-04-2005 , 04:51 PM
Subscriber
Hey great work. And I know that it is for a client and all, but hey, how about a little feedback. The only problem I see is with the grass on the first pic. I circled where it looks like part of the wall, just a suggestion though.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 18-04-2005 , 06:24 PM
Howdy alienscience,

Thanks for the crit, much appreciated....Yeah, that grass did come out rather funny, we tried to make it look like grass sticking out from the sides, but because of the deadline we didn't have time to fix it up. user added image I only noticed it once I had handed the project in...hehe, but thankfully they were happy with it, so it is all good, but yeah, I am going to fix it up for sure, cause it is out of place. Thanks for the crit. user added image

MainlineX

# 4 19-04-2005 , 12:05 AM
Subscriber
Sure no problem. I am glad that I actually had something useful to say. user added image. But I think I didn't really give you the real credit you deserved for the project.(At the time I was at school and probably wasnt supposed to be on SM, but who cares) I think it is amazing, espicially the reflection of the glass. And I think the chandilier(?) is really unique. Just a question, but what was the client going to use the scene for?

# 5 19-04-2005 , 12:07 AM
Subscriber
Yea, the grass does look "flat". It's like it's a texture on the wall.

I'm not a geek. I'm a nerd.

msn - g1842@hotmail.com
I'm up for a chat anytime.
# 6 19-04-2005 , 07:52 AM
Howdy,

Alienscience......howdy, thanks for your kind words user added image Yeah that is a chandelier, very cool design indeed. This scene was done for an interior decorating firm who are going to use it to show the owner of the house what the entrance hall is supposed to look like in the end. So it is a visualization of what the final hall will look like. user added image

MainlineX