Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 19-06-2007 , 10:44 AM
They're looking good so far! I'm glad that you changed the size of the teeth on Venom. He looks much better in the second version! Just a quick question though, are you trying to stylize your characters? Because Venom's head has a very different shape from how you've portrayed him. Cool work my friend! Keep it up!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...

Last edited by wasatch5_sparticus; 19-06-2007 at 10:47 AM.
# 17 20-06-2007 , 03:08 AM
Made a start on spiderman. I am currently creating all the curves for the webbing to cover his suit. I cannot find any shots of spiderman from behind though and would be very greatfull if anyone has any they might be able to post or send me since I dont have the movies.

Cheers Sparticus, I decided to give Venom my own style for this since he seems to be a character who is open to interpretation.

Thanks,

Leon Labyk

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 20-06-2007 , 08:51 AM

Originally posted by leonlabyk
Made a start on spiderman. I am currently creating all the curves for the webbing to cover his suit. I cannot find any shots of spiderman from behind though and would be very greatfull if anyone has any they might be able to post or send me since I dont have the movies.

Cheers Sparticus, I decided to give Venom my own style for this since he seems to be a character who is open to interpretation.

Thanks,

Leon Labyk

Sweet! Sounds good to me! Hey, awesome start on Spidey! KIU

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 19 20-06-2007 , 12:40 PM
Done some more work on spidy. Still a lot of work to do on the webbing covering his suit though. I have decided I am gonna make him in his trademark red and blue costume as well as the black number he is wearing in spiderman 3. I will be changing the eye shape for his red and blue costume though.

Cheers,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 20-06-2007 , 01:20 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by leonlabyk
Éas well as the black number he is wearing in spiderman 3.É

The symbiote costume. user added image

Awesome, I canÕt wait!
user added image

# 21 20-06-2007 , 03:24 PM
It's looking great! Keep it up!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 22 22-06-2007 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
Nothing to add to that.
Doing good.
Looking forward to more updates...

Gr
M

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !
# 23 23-06-2007 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber

I know it's a setup

but seems like his mouth is teethless.

His upperlip is a tat too thick, 'n round.

hope that helps
gr
M

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !
# 24 23-06-2007 , 10:32 PM
Cheers krab, the teeth are still to come and you are certainly right about the mouth. Hopefully should have some decent updates for spidy and hulk later tonight.

Cheers,

Leon

# 25 24-06-2007 , 09:29 AM
Subscriber
besides that its green, im afraid, its not remotely close to the hulk, or any hulk designs ive seen.
why dont you make one model at a time. ?

there's a lot of problems with the hulk mesh.

# 26 24-06-2007 , 04:52 PM
I think you are right, I was just trying to see if I| could put together a large amount of work to a decent standard in a very short time scale. Probably not a good idea since I should be spending more time on each character and getting them right. I will try going back and finishing the others and then come back to the hulk.

# 27 24-06-2007 , 08:16 PM
Done some more on spidy

Attached Thumbnails
# 28 25-06-2007 , 03:39 AM
Hulk update

Attached Thumbnails
# 29 29-06-2007 , 03:12 PM
small spidy update. I am trying to re-do the webbing though but am having trouble extruding along the curve. The problem is maintianing the orientation so it meets up with his mask. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this.

Cheers,

Leon

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 29-06-2007 , 05:45 PM
Think I am gonna have to just deal with the webbing being a bit crappy since I cannot suss how to get it to conform to the curves properly. As long as the resolution of the renders is not to high and I don't do any close up shots it looks o.k. Gonna make a start on the texturing for the colour map next.

Attached Thumbnails