Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-03-2010 , 04:42 AM
Subscriber

socom

Finished this tut, i thought originaly that modelling a hand gun would be a bit boring, but actually turned out to be a pretty cool tut, not gonna domuch texturing though, am moving on to the next one which is a lamborgini

Attached Thumbnails

free memory low..exception thrown
# 2 17-03-2010 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber
hey bro, where did you get that tut?

I am also interested in doing a tut on a pistol or rifle

Conquering The World One Pixel At A Time !!!!
# 3 17-03-2010 , 05:16 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Good work
I made the MK 23. a few months a go (not following a tutorial though)
Not much compared to yours though
user added image
By elephantinc at 2009-11-16user added image

# 4 17-03-2010 , 06:17 PM
Subscriber
Hey!! lookin good!

Mine is part of the 3d buzz advanced modelling cd..heres the wire, the slide action and LAM unit is just bevelled, the gun body is smoothed

Attached Images

# 5 17-03-2010 , 06:39 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looks very good.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 6 31-03-2010 , 12:09 PM
Lifetime Member
Looks good mate, nice looking weapon!!! How long did it take you??

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 01-04-2010 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber
The videos from 3d buzz where 7 hours start to finish, i did rebuild mine a few times though!

# 8 01-04-2010 , 09:00 AM
Lifetime Member
I know what you mean mate!!!! Kurts tut on the spitty has taken a few nights ! and I have remodelled a few things as well, bahahahahaha. You tend to jump forward and get cocky (cos you know a nanospec of Maya, therefore you get cocky) and then realise you missed something as Kurt does it!! dooohhhhhhhh!!! you learn you learn. Im going to write down as you stated the 'workflow' before I start one of my own. I have too much info from Surveying at work and thinking about that to memorise everything. Luckily for me Im really good at memorising software menus otherwise it would be too hard.

So I will take note from you guys and when I do a project (which some I already have started), I will pause, think about what Im doing, where to start and do a basic workflow on paper. I hope it helps me in the end, seeing a plane and saying ' Im gunna build that' is way too vague, I have learnt from yours and others advice now to THINK.

So any novices out there that might read this, listen to the elders/experienced, WRITE your workflow down, and start with the basics, dont try to add a human hair one by one to the model in the beginning, hard not to but dont.

Cheers bullet

BTW paldav what tut was it? I wouldnt mind getting some points and having a crack at it. Just a tut number would be good ( I will look too)

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 9 01-04-2010 , 09:27 AM
Subscriber
Bullet

When i first started i used loads of tuts from silmply, the spitfire, apache and ferrari, then i got a dvd pack from 3d buzz, they do a maya fundamentals course, it is excelent!!!

Now i am doing the advanced modeling pack, need to save up a few dollars but it is weeelll worth it.

If go on utube or 3d buzz site you can watch teaser clips and freebies etc..The two guys that do it are like a double act, and have kept me up late making notes many a night.

# 10 01-04-2010 , 10:02 AM
Lifetime Member
aaarrrrrrrr late nights!!! I have been in bed on average at midnight, then up at 0500 to get ready and go to work, Im dyin here!!!! I will chack it out for sure mate, Im really into it now, just have to ask the minister (bless her) for the funds, bahahaha.

bullet1968