Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-09-2003 , 12:10 PM

Modern Opiate

Check out my site: 00patrick00.tk for more detail of the head.
I need some tips, critiques etc... so I can do a final render and put a caption "Modern Opiate" in the bottom right corner...

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 07-09-2003 , 02:22 PM
Subscriber
PAtrick cook?

looks freaky. The render is final gathery/HDRI messy (see right edge). Freaky

# 3 07-09-2003 , 02:59 PM
"PAtrick cook?"- Huh?
i realize the render is crappy....
the fg rays are 200. There is no HDRI, It is just the PreviewFinalGather setting with the FG rays scaled down to 200...
I do need to fix that right edge and maybe change the face's material to something less bright...
But is there anything that I should change or add to make it more freaky......
should i make the tv more of an old tv type w/ the large bulbous screen? not a flat panel?

# 4 08-09-2003 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber
Yes you should change the tv type because it's not immediately clear that it's supposed to be a tv. It could just as easily be a window of some kind. I like the colors a lot and I like the idea - I think maybe you could be a bit more clear in the details to show what each thing is... like the green thing - is that some sort of furniture for the plugged in head? And the wires... are they electric or cable? You might make a stronger statement if you were more specific.

What does the 'X' motive on the eyes mean? Are they empty sockets? It would be good to see if they were. If it's an 'opiate' metaphore is this supposed to be a junkies crash pad?

Why is the room only the width of a hallway but long? It seems odd, which is fine but there should be a reason to the oddness. Good start but there is a lot further you could go user added image

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 5 08-09-2003 , 07:55 PM
ok well, i am working on a new tv- classic '50s style
as for the x's they are to hold open the eyes- (think Clock Work Orange)
the green thing is something to hold up the head
i am currently working also on a plug socket for the head- he is 'plugged in' to the media and therefore no eyes- no true movement- (everything is influenced by the media). I may also create like a oxygen mask tyep thing that connects from the tv to the nose/mouth.....
either way this projects is going to be pretty fun.....

# 6 11-09-2003 , 01:34 AM
well i added a tv though it isnt very 50s style....
i will add the oxygen mask + tubes this weekend.
attachment- just to show that i am still working on it....

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 12-09-2003 , 03:45 AM
damn that is cool. reminds me, of me watching tv.

# 8 14-09-2003 , 12:46 AM