Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-10-2003 , 02:13 PM

Why i can' dowload the videos???

Hi!

I registrate me today and i can download the free videos, but the other videos not... Why??? They're not free?? What should i do to download them???

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my bad english :/

# 2 04-10-2003 , 02:59 PM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 3 04-10-2003 , 04:28 PM
Ok Thanks, BUT how catch points?? Only when i pay or be another resolution???

I saw upload part and i saw modell, shader, plugin upluads. If i'll upload something i'll get some points???

Thanks in advance!

# 4 04-10-2003 , 04:39 PM
The Maya Mountain
the only method of getting points, other than paying for them, is to win our monthly (soon to be two-month) competitions and/or recieving the Member of the Month award, as voted by the Moderators.

# 5 04-10-2003 , 04:49 PM
And how to win this points? what i can do?

# 6 04-10-2003 , 05:54 PM
The Maya Mountain
enter and win our competition in the Challenge forum, or be noticeably helpful to others throughout the month.

# 7 05-10-2003 , 11:08 AM
Thanks!!
But i don't have so much time for the forum user added image
Bye

# 8 22-10-2003 , 03:19 AM
Wow... I didn't know that...

...and that is how I saved the world.

# 9 12-11-2003 , 06:32 PM
Hi

Is there any other method to buy points beside purchasing them by credit card? I'm really interested to download movies featured in the VIP area esspecially the effect tutorial, but the problem is I don't have credit card, can I pay by bank card or cash? your help would be greatly appreciated

# 10 13-11-2003 , 02:02 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by cosmicwhata
Hi

Is there any other method to buy points beside purchasing them by credit card? I'm really interested to download movies featured in the VIP area esspecially the effect tutorial, but the problem is I don't have credit card, can I pay by bank card or cash? your help would be greatly appreciated

You can pay by bank transfer, cheque, or cash e-mail kevin@simplymaya.com for more information.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"

# 11 16-11-2003 , 06:41 AM

Depresing

Im still very sad that the points system was created. I dont know how long its been here, but I do know that I cant afford to pay for points, nor do I have anytime to enter any contests.
My suggestion is to give another way to gain free points.
I understand that people who are getting the tutorials should have alot of money. And if your job involves those high-end programs you should have a lot of time on your hands. Its just that some of us are doing this for fun. Not me specifically, but some of us are. I've already posted somethin else in another thread but all I ask for is some other way of gaining points.
Thanks for your time.

I work too much.

# 12 16-11-2003 , 06:44 AM
The Maya Mountain
If you can suggest another way for us to be able to provide ad-free and banner-free (thus spam-free) services, feel free to suggest them.

Not that Kevin and David might actually do them, but suggestions never hurt anything. user added image

# 13 16-11-2003 , 06:48 AM

Thats A Suggestion

Personnaly:
I draw a ____.
But thats ok. There are plenty of members here that are very bright people. Infact theres a way right there. You could hold a contest to find the best and cheapest way to give away free points. On top of that, the winner could recieve free points, or at least a free tutorial of their choice.

I work too much.

# 14 16-11-2003 , 03:18 PM
SM Tea Boy

Re: Depresing

Originally posted by Hpqst
Im still very sad that the points system was created. I dont know how long its been here, but I do know that I cant afford to pay for points, nor do I have anytime to enter any contests.
My suggestion is to give another way to gain free points.
I understand that people who are getting the tutorials should have alot of money. And if your job involves those high-end programs you should have a lot of time on your hands. Its just that some of us are doing this for fun. Not me specifically, but some of us are. I've already posted somethin else in another thread but all I ask for is some other way of gaining points.
Thanks for your time.

Let me get this straight, you have thousands of pounds for a copy of Maya but you don't have 14 pounds to learn how to use it LOL.

While I'm giving away free tutorials what the **** am i meant to live on fresh air!

# 15 16-11-2003 , 06:11 PM

Sorry

Now now, I didnt want to make it out like I personnally bought the software. The company I work for purchased everything, but we've used up our budget for my department and our server crashed. Therefore no funding for me or any of the other developers. And I dont much care anymore, as it turns out the alius community offeres a wide variaty of free movies and tutorials.

I work too much.