Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 21-01-2004 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber

QQ from Dragon Project

Hi all

At about 18min30sec into VIP.Dragon.Project-Part2.avi, Kurt uses Poly -> Subdiv for the first time. Just after hitting Apply, you can hear him hit a key on the keyboard which as the effect of smoothing the overall Subdiv surface. I've watched the whole series and this happens a number of times but I never caught what this action was. Can anyone fill me in?!

Thanks again!

MrR

# 2 21-01-2004 , 09:41 PM
Subscriber
Hi MrR,

eh... I'm not quite sure, but i think it is the number keys "1, 2 and 3"... as I recall it that's how you can toggle the "smoothness" with nurbs, so maybe it is the same way with SubD's... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 3 21-01-2004 , 09:45 PM
Mostl likley im hitting G key or when im in sub-d mode the 3 key.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 21-01-2004 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
Hi again.

That appears to be it! As always ... nothing is foolproof to the talented fool!

Cheers - love you work.

MrR