SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / group of materials - like multi mat in 3dsx max

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

18-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
frankm

group of materials - like multi mat in 3dsx max
hi there,

new to maya.

I have characters with the same body parts. Each body part has it's own material. In max I used to assign a multi-mat set up all mats once and then if I wanted to copy entire group of mats for all body parts from character to another I would simply apply the multi mat to the other character. done. I could also save the mat to a library.

Is it possible to achieve something similar in Maya?

In Maya I have 20 or so mats show up hypershade but if I want to copy to a new char I have to copy for each body mat part individually? Is there an easier way to do this?

Any help would be a appreciated. Thanks.