Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-09-2002 , 09:57 PM

creating airbubbles for underwater

Can someone help me out or point me to a tut that shows how to simulate bubbles raising through water. its for the min comp. thanks

# 2 23-09-2002 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
Look in Maya's own tutorials, the sub scene, it uses bubbles, i think it's under animation.

# 3 24-09-2002 , 02:34 AM
hey hey

i just put some floating up bubbles in a watertank that i was building for my scene. since my tank was cylinderical i just used a nurbs circle that was some what smaller than the tank itself since i wanted the bubbles to spread out instead of just going straight up. what i did was emit from object under the particle menu, changed the settings so that the direction was 1 in Y therefore the particles would go up. i also set the SPREAD to something like .500. also played with speed, particle/sec, life range, etc. etc. to get the desired effect.

depending on your situation you might want to try drawing a curve since the particles emit from the points on the curve and just emit from object.

oh you also need to change the points to spheres in the render attributes tab (i think, cant remember off the top of my head) but its in there. adjust the radius, and a shader and boom!! there ya go rising bubbles

good luck

Kyle

# 4 24-09-2002 , 06:40 AM
One possibilty is using particles, but what I do on my previous project is using paintFX brush call bubble.mel.

It's located under the category underwater of default visor.

Best regards,

# 5 24-09-2002 , 07:40 AM
Supreme Being
welcome to the board misterdi.. :p