Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-12-2010 , 02:59 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Simply Maya FREE Resources

# 2 17-12-2010 , 01:07 AM
hi there user added image
i`m fresher and really really wish to delve deep into modelin.. i assume that d tuts i really wish to go for in this site are paid once whose cost is no way possible for me to afford user added image .. can u suggest me any site where such material is for free??
i hope u will understand..
also there may b many stupid doubts n queries arisin as i will continue to do 3D modelin.. i really expect HELP frm d experts user added image such as u user added image
ty
regards
james

# 3 17-12-2010 , 01:52 AM
Administrator
Hi James,
There's lots of modeling tutorials on this site most of them are for paying members but we do have some free ones as well here
https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...d=23&sub_cat=0

For modeling there's the glass jug (which Jay made), modeling a room and also Mike's introduction to game texturing where he models a brick wall and makes a normal map. If you're a beginner you should be able to pick up a lot of useful things in these tutorials.

We're also adding some more free modeling tutorials to the site later this week that should help you out a bit, and we'll have competitons where you can win video credits to download our tutorials. For competitions even if you're a beginner it's a great way to learn because you can get feedback and help from guys like Jay who are really good in this field, and with some effort you sometimes realise that you can do more than you think on your ownuser added image

Nilla

# 4 18-12-2010 , 05:09 AM
i`m sooooooooooo glad for the response user added image ty sooo soooo much
really lookin forward for more of the tuts.. n i`ll sure chk out the comptetion.. ty again miss nova user added image
regards
james user added image

# 5 01-02-2014 , 10:16 AM
Lifetime Member
Might be hard getting that one. Probably better off getting some screenshots from the game?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 31-03-2014 , 09:36 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
google it theres loads

Jay