Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 01-10-2003 , 07:47 AM
Subscriber

ahh, a little help, please, pleeeeaaase

ok, my last nurbs model, than strickly polys
hi guys and gals,
i have this really detailed nurbs model that i made after i found a set of head profile and side view of some monster on the net (looks like that gnomon character head), so i finished all of the details, but i got a decent curve network, but i don't think it'll work.
here's why; when i do a boundary, i loose a lot of detail, when i extract and loft surface curves i layed out in between my main network of curves, i get strange behavior and the surface deforms in a weird way. (like the CVs are intertwined with oneanother)
can anyone tell me which method have worked for them best or give me a hint on how to go about doing this.

sory i cannot post a pic, i use 2 seperate computers, believe it or not i do not have a way to swap files between the 2

# 2 01-10-2003 , 05:17 PM
Subscriber
well. without a pic, its really hard to see exactly what you mean... but... I think youll find that a lot of your cv problems will be solved by either rebuilding the surface (0 outs option and cv option) or rebuild the curve before generating the surface. with the later, its important to rebuild the curves that oppose each other to the same number of cv's.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>