Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-06-2009 , 07:05 PM
SM Tea Boy

We Have Moved! (Temperately)

Hi Guys sorry about the sudden move some idiot at our domain company had what can only be called a moment of madness and deleted all our DNS entries. So in the short term the site will be hosted here at https://www.simply3dworld.com

This was a quick change over for us so there may be some pointers to the old site left, if this happens to you simply change simplymaya.com in your address bar to simply3dworld.com

Once again our apologies for the down time.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 03-06-2009 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
Well thank goodness. I was shocked this morning when I went to log on. It looked like you guys went bully up. Glad to see you're still kicking.

# 3 03-06-2009 , 12:49 AM
SM Tea Boy
After 8 - 9 years we're not going anywhere user added image

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 03-06-2009 , 03:59 AM
well thank goodness...
and since we were on the topic,
any news about good ol' simply3Dworld?
I got excited when I typed it in and it worked user added image

cheers,
-Andy

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 03-06-2009 , 04:29 AM
Subscriber
Thank goodness i checked this just in case.
Good to see the site isn't going anywhere!

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 6 03-06-2009 , 05:21 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
It would be prudent if you guys would send an automatically generated message to all your members, because when i tried to visit simplymaya i went to a website i normally would associate with MALware sites no mention of a redirection whatsoever.

" After 8 - 9 years we're not going anywhere"
The dinosaurs were around for miljons of years, they got whiped out too but i admire your optimism LOL

# 7 03-06-2009 , 05:35 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah the only reason I found out was because I got an email notification about a reported thread! I thought the site had vanished suddenly too.

# 8 03-06-2009 , 05:55 PM
SM Tea Boy

Guys an email is going out now however sites like gmail yahoo hotmail and the like bounce email if two many are sent from the same address in a short space of time.

It takes 2 days for everyone on the site to receive the mail

Dave user added image

# 9 03-06-2009 , 05:58 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by mastone
It would be prudent if you guys would send an automatically generated message to all your members, because when i tried to visit simplymaya i went to a website i normally would associate with MALware sites no mention of a redirection whatsoever.

" After 8 - 9 years we're not going anywhere"
The dinosaurs were around for miljons of years, they got whiped out too but i admire your optimism LOL

Mail has been going out since we first moved however it takes 2 days to email everyone. SimplyMaya.com should be back in the next couple of days then both simply3dworld.com and simplymaya.com will bring you here user added image

Some of thous dinosaurs turned into birds and are still about user added image I'll be happy with another 100 years or so.

Again sorry to we we're not able to place a re-direct up.

Dave

# 10 04-06-2009 , 02:59 AM
Yeah I was just starting to get into this 3D forum and then suddenly it disappeared....I'm glad you're not gone completely user added image

I was more worried about the people who just did all that work for the spaceship to end up doing it for nothing hehe user added image (well no 3D work is for nothing)

Nobody's Perfect and i'm Nobody
# 11 04-06-2009 , 04:30 AM
I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I missed out on something. Next time you should use the thundercats call just in case.

Attached Images

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 12 04-06-2009 , 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
I didn't get an email. I actually saw the notice in the Maya forum on CGTalk.

- Genny
# 13 04-06-2009 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by GecT

really? i want to see this thread now

i got the email, sometime on the same day the site got lost me thinks....

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 04-06-2009 , 11:26 AM
Subscriber
Sorry, I feel guilty of what have happened because some
weird supernatural things happen around me (like in the 4400), and after I posted my spaceship entry, a plane crashed in the atlantic and the forum dissapeared. It may be a coincidence but I cant stop feeling guilty.

I hope everything will be fine from now on.

# 15 04-06-2009 , 12:14 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by GecT

It's still being sent out it goes to newest members first i hope you have it now user added image Glad you saw the notice we tried to post it around the web

Dave