Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 46 17-08-2009 , 03:42 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Hi Steve

Those are great ideas and if i had another month i would model the whole scenery with it but as i stated before i would rather make one good thing then the whole sjabang and nothing really good.
On that note i worked through all night( i spend hours modeling the bastard, so i didn't care how but there would be a final image), i am devastated but happy that i finished the job user added image
the image below is a render i did really like but the one that for me is the "better" image is posted in the final entry section.

Attached Thumbnails
# 47 17-08-2009 , 01:54 PM
Cool, be nice to see this get finished off later.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 48 17-08-2009 , 02:56 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
" Cool, be nice to see this get finished off later."

-I have a lot of those projects at the moment, but i think i will finish this one off
Thanks for the tip about importing a higher subd level from Z to Maya.
I don't what you use for creating your normalmap probably ZBrush or Maya.
I use a program called XNormal it can handle a lot more poly's than maya and creates a quicker and better normal map then ZBRush.
It's also free user added image
https://www.xnormal.net/1.aspx

# 49 17-08-2009 , 03:05 PM
Cheers Mastone for the link. I use Zbrush.

I got the tip about getting higher geos out of Z from a WIP of a tortured sould type character.

Cheers

Steve

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle