Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-07-2003 , 02:36 PM
Subscriber

How many of you are unemployed?

How many of you are unemployed? or working in non Design/3d related industry?

Just curious.

# 2 17-07-2003 , 03:43 PM
...I am unemployed...at the moment....

# 3 17-07-2003 , 03:59 PM
I have more of a cad type position right now (fly thrus and simple things), not really in the industry yet... But I am close user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 17-07-2003 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
I worked at Pixar and ILM but now I'm unemployed.

lol nouser added image
still one year to go in school, then college probably.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 5 17-07-2003 , 05:22 PM
Subscriber
Not working in the design / 3d industry, never have and indeed never will. But it's a fun hobby for me and, through this site etc, I get to meet people who do work in it and who want to and it's rather interesting stuff. Most fortunately for me I have never been unemployed since I left university.

# 6 17-07-2003 , 05:36 PM
Witchy,

I agree, eventhough I have a job woking with animation, its more engineering based than anything. I am glad that I have that (engineering) to fall back on while I work on my Cg Skills. Its a good idea to have another route to go to while things are slow.
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 7 17-07-2003 , 06:15 PM
I get to work at times as a freelancer ... but, most of the time goes to my studies these days. Situation will get better after I finish University. user added image

# 8 17-07-2003 , 06:25 PM
Subscriber
I'm still in full time education but would like to get a job working in a 3d/design or animation industry when i finish (about five years).

# 9 17-07-2003 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
adldesigner - What are you studying? Apart from the muchachas?

Witchy- What about you? What is your job?

grrrr
# 10 17-07-2003 , 07:42 PM
Graphic Design Enterprises Management, mate.
I get to study 5 years graphic design .. all the while learning how to make an enterprise work too.

Spanish title would be "Licenciado en Administración de Empresas de Diseño". Sounds good if you ask me. :p

# 11 17-07-2003 , 08:06 PM
I'm currently employed doing small graphics for educational use. Mostly anti-smoking/anti-drug stuff. It's really pretty simple stuff to do really. What I'd like to do is go back to college, and get a real degree. But I can't complain. My job is a piece of cake, plus I was able to take on video editing and DVD producing. More skills for my next job, I guess. I don't get to do any 3D stuff at work yet. My boss isn't convinced into buying the equipment for me to work on. Especially since he knows I won't be working for him forever.

Deems the breaks though.

On my free time I'm trying to beef up my illustrative portfolio because I got to have something done if I want to get into Ringling next year. I'm putting aside the 3D stuff ofr now. Maybe I'll post some art in the WIP forum. I could use some critique.

# 12 17-07-2003 , 08:09 PM
Subscriber
That's a strange one Adl. I mean it's good that you learn how to make an enterprise and all that but what piece of paper do they hand you at the end... a BA or something else?

My 4 years at university were like one big holiday camp. I loved it...all the señoras with there nice caderas :-)

Adl one piece of advice make the most of the time ie. study hard and PLAY hard as well. This time will never come.

grrrr
# 13 17-07-2003 , 08:12 PM
To tell you the truth, I certainly don´t know what the equivalence of my paper is.
Let me see if I can find what it would amount over there.

As per your advice, thank you very much mate.
I´ve had those words in my mind since I first began about 3 years ago.

# 14 17-07-2003 , 08:54 PM
unemployed too im at college studying Computer Science i hope to get to be a coder and programmer someday :p

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 15 19-07-2003 , 08:14 PM
I'm unemployed but in full time employment and sending out showreels as we speak user added image

Bring on the mulla! user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB