Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 136 16-11-2006 , 02:16 AM
Subscriber
It is one suggestion.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 137 16-11-2006 , 07:28 AM
yeah, not gonna happen unless someone nukes somebody else... and then all the world will be "Cockroachland" and they dont care about ozone anyways...

i really find it cool it wont be neccesary any heating in a room where tere is a computer, and you can cook on them too! thats a nice plus!... yet the reduction in comsuption of the core 2 duo is nice.... time to revise the graphics cards designs, may be?...

it would also be nice if americans reduce their general power comsuption, but it wouldnt matter anyways... there are millios of chinese ppl picking speed on that thing of driving cars, using computers and having air conditioners... well as long as we dont kill each other, on a massive scale, for energy and water it wont be so bad... oops... too late... hey at least its not armaggedon, lets just enjoy it that way the most we can, that is until the hubbert peak hits us of course...

# 138 16-11-2006 , 10:08 AM
Subscriber
What if we all got all levels of Co2 / main stream pollution down / grew more trees / and had all animal rights passed, then from out of know where the Earth was hit by an asteroid that killed the planet? Would it all have been for nothing?

just a link to a write up from NASA.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/n..._asteroid.html

# 139 16-11-2006 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
No, because peoples quality of lives would improve in the short term, which has got to be worth it.

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 140 20-11-2006 , 06:09 AM

Originally posted by dragonfx
amusing... holliwood as an industry is the second most polluting industry... second only to the petrochemical industry.

Really?

Would never have thought that, although it does seem to be a polluting industry. Do you have a link to a website with this info on as I'd like to have a read about that .

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 141 21-11-2006 , 03:24 PM
i read it on an spanish newspaper, "El Pais", i dont actually have figures and i believe it will be hard at competition with the steelworks indutry and stuff... Yet i do also believe it has to be damn polluting with all the truly big spectacular explosions, arrays of spotlights everywhere and heavyduty machinery and electronics at work... you know, the electric companys gotta love em...

# 142 29-11-2006 , 03:02 PM
ahhh ÜBERCOOL CAR ...
Thats the kind of tech id like to see more...
pity about the pricetag & availability...
plans on making a sedan and integrating solar cells on it for 2009

# 143 01-05-2007 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
Are you still thinking?

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 144 04-05-2007 , 04:57 AM
Subscriber
nice idea to have all of it in one thread user added image

(sorry if i havnt read the following yet, i will later on tonight)

my response is to weapons of mass destruction"

how come george bush wanted to find usama bin ladin for the 9/11 attacks etc ... though why are they in iraq, usama lives in the afganistan ... makes you wonder dosnt it. i believe its for oil :p

(not to course any offence to anyone if it has) user added image

# 145 04-05-2007 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by marlonjohn
nice idea to have all of it in one thread user added image

(sorry if i havnt read the following yet, i will later on tonight)

my response is to weapons of mass destruction"

how come george bush wanted to find usama bin ladin for the 9/11 attacks etc ... though why are they in iraq, usama lives in the afganistan ... makes you wonder dosnt it. i believe its for oil :p

(not to course any offence to anyone if it has) user added image

us non government brainwashed people in america from the day 9/11 happened knew it was about oil. That wasn't news to me. Osama was a reason to get over there and fight a war of lies for oil.

I'm just pissed off about gas prices right now they are at $3.17 a gallon (thats the cheaper of the 3 types of gas), and they are already saying it will hit $4 a gallon. Usually their predictions are off buy about .25 cents but still close enough to upset me. The worst part about my hatred for the gas prices is that I haven't driven in almost 2 years now, by choice because I refuse to use the gas. But then it sucks because in a way I'm paying for gas with taxes, buying food at a grocery store, buying anything anywhere in one way or another is paying for gas somewhere. The products need to be transported... it's a vicous cycle, i try and keep out of politics and discussions about religion because I get myself in trouble... this will be my only post in this thread most likely and I'm going to stop now before i get into religion...

# 146 06-05-2007 , 10:53 AM
Subscriber
One of the problems could be that we are running out of Oil ...

It's good that people have this place where they can shout out about things they feel strongly for (or against).

I appreciate you taking the time to do so

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 147 06-05-2007 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
heres my response to aphganistan+war on iraq:
like many of you said, I also think its for oil. Why else would bush want to help another country and spend billions for it. He's been into the oil industry for too long and I doubt he would just decide to be mr.niceguy all of a sudden.

Now here is how I believe he is covering it up. Ever since 911 or maybe earlier, hes been piling up excuses such as WMDs and terrorist threats so that he can go to iraq. once there, the soldiers are told to stabilize the situation and start helping the country as fast as possible. and then once he accomplishes this, then he wants to make these ripoff war contracts saying "okay we helped you set you a democracy bla bla now please hand us 80% of your oil for the next 50 years or so". this is why i think pulling the troops out right now would just destroy his plan completely and why he can't let the democrats let that happen. the troops leave now, the country goes in greater chaos and if the US bluntly tried to get the oil at this stage it would clearly show them guilty to the whole world. once that happens all allies go away, everyone becomes afraid of being the next target...and so on. I really don't think bush cares too much about the welfare of the people there and I have a strong feeling there's this economic greed behind it. I strongly noticed this when the haditha massacre happened. He was outraged when the troops were charged but showed little sympathy for the innocent civilians who got killed when they clearly had their hands up.

Also I didn't get a chance to read all the posts but I wanted to show you guys this video called loosechange. I'm sure you guys heard of it. it's about this conspiracy that the bush administration plotted 911 and shows some strong clues about it yet I don't know if its true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WsyEqKQRBY

its got really famous and I think got mentioned on the news a couple times. I think he points out some good views on the video to consider but again i dont know if they are true.

anyways I like this thread good call,
Dan

# 148 07-05-2007 , 03:45 AM
Your Gas is £3.17 a gallon, and you think that is overpriced, over here its knocking at about 95p a liter, which makes it about $7.20 a gallon, which is just way, way over the top.

Oil is such a strangle hold for everything as we depend on it so much and the oil companys arnt going to do anything untill it becomes really really overpriced, so that they can then get the same revenue from say bio diesel, just a simple case of supply and demand, if theres less of it then we pay more, the rich get richer as they control it, and probably the development of alternitive sources.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 149 07-05-2007 , 06:04 AM

Originally posted by danotronXX
...hes been piling up excuses such as WMDs and terrorist threats...

Not to mention we're still waiting on those WMD's...user added image

Moving away from Bush (sorry; I know that's everyone's favorite topic), what's bothered me is that the price of gas has not dropped as drastically as it went up.

Pre-Iraq-war; what was the cost of a barrel of oil? $60-$65? And what were gas prices; $2.30-$2.50?

When the price-per-barrel went up (I believe I read that it went as high as $81-82), prices jumped to $2.80-$3.15-ish.

Fine. Oil companies have to pay the extra cost, so gas prices can go up; that's reasonable.

Now that the price-per-barrel is back down somewhere around $60, why are gas prices still floating somewhere around $2.80-$3.15? The cost-per-barrel has come down (approximately) by a quarter, so why haven't gas costs come down at least $0.25 (1/12 of the cost of a gallon of gas, assuming the price-per-gallon is $3.00)

In short; debbleyew-tee-eff are oil companies doing, and why isn't the government (Bush or not) cracking those companies over the head with a steel pipe?

# 150 07-06-2009 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber
I know there is a fair number of people in the UK that wouldn't mind having Obama as our president.

We'll be the 51st state if you want.

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog