View Poll Results: Do you care about the size of the downloads.
I would love to be able to pick my download size 8 36.36%
I dont care what size the downloads are. 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-05-2003 , 02:52 AM
SM Tea Boy

Smaller downloads @ Simplymaya.

Ok some people have complained in the past that the downloads here are simply to large to get on a 56k connection, put your name down here if you would like to be able to pick your download file size.

Basically it would be a system of you pick the size of file you would like to download the server cuts it up you download the parts @ whatever size is good for your connection and we give you a little app to stick the parts back together after you have downloaded them, the process would be very simple.

Would you like to see this here put your name in this thread if this idea interests you.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 20-05-2003 , 07:25 PM
Simply Maya OG
Im not on 56k, but I think thats a great idea for the 56k'ers. I used to be on 56k, and I HATED downloading huge files. So yea, I think its a good idea. user added image

- Hybrid
# 3 20-05-2003 , 07:36 PM
Subscriber
I dont care....

before on a 56K.. I used to use GetRight to get EVERYTHING I downloaded...now it's pointless

-Emo

# 4 20-05-2003 , 09:40 PM
SM Tea Boy
Because of security out site does not support resume so get right or any other download manager will not work if they did I probably wouldn’t bother going to all this trouble.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 22-05-2003 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber
I like it the way it is,, I hope you dont change any thing, if they want the files, put it on a CD and sale it to them.user added image

# 6 22-05-2003 , 01:27 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by R-Tillery
I like it the way it is,, I hope you dont change any thing, if they want the files, put it on a CD and sale it to them.user added image

Its not changing there will simply also be the option to download the files in parts as well as in one big lump

# 7 22-05-2003 , 05:11 AM
MAKE EM BIGGER! I want to be able to read the menus they are pulling down in the tuts. Faster FPS would be better too.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 8 22-05-2003 , 04:39 PM
Subscriber
I think breaking the files into parts for people with 56k connections would be helpful- I used to use Getright for everything as I had a 2 hr cutoff with my old isp before the days of adsl, so anything you can do to help out 56kers would be great imho. Most of us have been there after all!

# 9 22-05-2003 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber
the downloads on this site are so hard because it doesnt support getright, and im on 56k and i cant download anything bigger than 15mb ish cos th e net cuts me off every 2hrs

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 10 22-05-2003 , 05:38 PM
GETright is actually devastating on servers Nem.
That´s why David is offering you this solution.

What do you mean "cut you off"?
If you´re navigating three hours, it still cuts you off?
Have you thought about using software such as Never Offline?

# 11 26-05-2003 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber
In the UK a lot of packages have 2 hour cutoffs- it automtically disconnects you every two hours, that's the price you pay for an all in one dialup package where you are charged a flat rate. Otherwise you have to pay more or pay call charges. I used to have one myself before I got ADSL. That's why people use dl managers, whether they affect servers or not; 56kers still want to enjoy the net too and not break the bank.

I think breaking up downloads is great for 56kers- I suspect a lot of people voting against it don't have the download problem others have and therefore don't fully appreciate the situation. But not everyone is lucky enough to have always on connections or unlimited transfers.

Last edited by Witchy; 26-05-2003 at 10:55 AM.
# 12 26-05-2003 , 11:08 AM
Subscriber
i am on adsl right now. and i will be on cable modem (is that also adsl??? ) soon. but my vote is for beeing able to choose the file size. only because i am fortunate to have a fast connection does not mean it stays so in every region i might be.

# 13 27-05-2003 , 04:42 PM
i have cable. fast connection. stable too. So i dont reallly mind file size. however 2 medium files will dl faster than 1 really large one... beginning of dles are always fasted. if theres a longer beginning time better.