Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-05-2013 , 03:51 AM
Subscriber

Samus Aran

I was getting kinda burned out on modeling so I threw a couple of blinns on her to see what she'd look like. Slow going...

Attached Thumbnails

Sampson
# 2 16-05-2014 , 05:15 PM

Animation

Hey, I'm looking to animate something with Samus Aran in Maya, and I was wondering if you could let me us your character model for Samus. I will give you all the credit for your model (of course, because it's yours). You clearly don't have to, but it'd be VERY appreciated. Thank you for your time. user added image

# 3 17-05-2014 , 12:49 AM
Subscriber

Hey, I'm looking to animate something with Samus Aran in Maya, and I was wondering if you could let me us your character model for Samus. I will give you all the credit for your model (of course, because it's yours). You clearly don't have to, but it'd be VERY appreciated. Thank you for your time. user added image

Hey Tard, I haven't finished this model yet. It's no more completed than this WIP. To be honest, I haven't worked on it in months. I need to finish it. Maybe this is the incentive I need to complete it. Just curious, what is it that you're animating anyway?

Sampson
# 4 20-05-2014 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber

Samus

Here's a small update...

Attached Thumbnails

Sampson
# 5 30-05-2014 , 12:57 AM

Holy..

First of all, sorry for the lack of a reply. I was going to work on animating a music video at first, then moving to do a series revolving around Samus and various missions of hers. I have sketches for a few villains so far (A space pirate captain, Kraid), and have plans for possible allies as well. I may even incorporate other game characters as well, but that's just an idea.

I found your model of Samus on a random search, and in the state it's in right now would move me ahead a long way. It looks amazing, even if there's still work to do, I'm excited to see more to come user added image