Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 15-03-2006 , 10:10 PM

first full model

this it the first model i have done with texture and lighting and by far the most modeling i have ever done here is where i am at for now.

Attached Thumbnails

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 2 15-03-2006 , 10:13 PM
and one more

Attached Thumbnails

Imagination will always lead to knowledge, while knowledge may not necessarily bring fourth imagination.
# 3 15-03-2006 , 10:42 PM
Have you tried using mental ray? If not u could maybe up you AA to 1/3 or so.

user added image

# 4 16-03-2006 , 12:07 AM
right now im trying to give the brick wall the illusion that it reallu has depth so i want to use a bump map but i have no idea how to do so, can anyone offer any help?

# 5 16-03-2006 , 12:28 AM
Hey mate there are plenty of textures on the net that come with bump maps. Im assuming you know how to apply them in Maya?

# 6 16-03-2006 , 12:55 AM
i dont know how to apply the bump maps thats what my issue it i already have the texture and the bump ready i just need to know how to apply the bump

# 7 16-03-2006 , 12:56 AM
Maybe you should do a texturing tutorial? Id explain it but im at work and i dont have time at the moment..

# 8 16-03-2006 , 01:11 AM
where is a good place to find a tutorial? i appreciate your help btw very much

# 9 16-03-2006 , 01:15 AM
Im not sure if the texturing tutorial here will help you but there will be definatly one at www.Learning-Maya.com

user added image

# 10 16-03-2006 , 01:50 AM
hey! this looks good for yor first model.to add bump map, this is really not hard.all you have to do his go to you material atribute(right click-material-material attributes...)you will probably see bump map somewhere.click on the little checker icone next to it and click on file as you probably did for your color map.then you will see two things named:
bump value-
bump depth-
you will see a little arrow next to bumpvalue, click it.after, you click on the folder next to image name and you choose your bump map file.if you want to change you bump depth, you will have to ask someone else because i wont be able to explain it as english is not my main language.

to create a bump map, just go into photoshop,open your color file,click on image( on top of your screen), mode, grayscale.you will have a bump map.there is some others way to create a bump map but its the baic one.

hope that helped.user added image

# 11 16-03-2006 , 05:13 PM
thank you verry much guys, ill be posting a couple updates soon XD

# 12 17-03-2006 , 12:17 AM

updates!!

thank you so much for your help again guys here are some updated shots since more texturing and lighting XD

Attached Thumbnails

# 13 17-03-2006 , 12:18 AM
:bandit:

Attached Thumbnails

# 14 17-03-2006 , 12:19 AM
:p

Attached Thumbnails

# 15 17-03-2006 , 12:20 AM
Looking heaps better!

Maybe bump up the anti aliasing?

user added image