Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-12-2002 , 06:32 AM
Subscriber

Polygon Combine and seperate problem

Hi,

I have a bunch of polygon objects that I want to scale together so that they all scale the same --- they have their own pivot points in different locations etc. They also have names applied to them and are in groups.

What I did to scale them together was to select "Polygon > Combine" which created "Polysurface1" and then I scaled them together and then selected "Edit Polygons > Seperate" which then transferred the objects back to the way they were "as in seperate objects once again" --- but grouped them under polysurface1 with random names that I now have to regroup and name again as they originally were.

Does somebody know of an easier way to select all the objects and scale them in unison without the name changing involvement as mentioned above.

Cheers and Thanks in advance,

Don.

# 2 15-12-2002 , 07:02 AM
Parent everything to an empty group, scale the group, unparent everything from the group. I would do the parenting in Outliner so you can maintain existing hierarchies.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 15-12-2002 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber
Danny,

That was soooooooo SWEET !!!

You just saved me about an hour of renaming and countless hours in the future of the doing the same.

Thanks LARGE,

Don.

I'll have to come to Oregon sometime and buy you a beer :o)

# 4 16-12-2002 , 02:40 AM
Swing by anytime. I'd be happy to take you on the beer. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job