Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-12-2002 , 05:41 PM

Problem with deformer set cv's

There is probably a simple answer to my problem so here goes:

I've selected a load of cv's and applied a lattice deformer to them. The lattice appears and works fine. However, say for example I missed a cv that was meant to for the lattice. Well I need to add that cv to the lattice, but no matter what I do I can't seem to add any more cv's to the lattice, although I can remove them easily using paint set membership tool. I must be something wrong!

Please help...

regards,

Jim.

# 2 15-12-2002 , 02:01 AM
Subscriber
when in set membership, did you remmber to use add as the function? not remove

another thing you could try is
window>relationship editors>deformer sets

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 3 15-12-2002 , 02:12 AM
The Maya Mountain
I haven't tried this yet, so it's possible it won't work, but try selecting the lattice and under your animation menu, go to Deform > Edit Membership.

I believe you should see all the vertices that are affected by the lattice turn yellow and the others turn pink or something. Shift select the vertices you want to add.

Let me know if this works. I'll try to confirm when next I've got Maya ready.

# 4 15-12-2002 , 01:09 PM
Yeah, Edit Membership works a treat. Much simpler than the way I was previously working. Nice one.