Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-01-2009 , 03:54 PM

Modelling Blood Cells

Hi guys, after being inspired by House to make some medical effects I was hoping to create some red blood cells running through the blood stream.

I've found a nice tutorial with 3D Max using Noise and stretch but I can't seem to figure what to do in Maya. Using Extrude and what not doesnt give the blood cell the "organic" vibe.

Its almost too symetrical, any ideas to get that distorted view or should I use a displacement map to set it alight?

# 2 28-01-2009 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
Not sure exactly what type of blood cell look your after but if its the basic shape then getting a nurbs sphere, scaling in Y and then moving some of the the cv's around should be simple enough.

If your talking about the texture, then a fairly basic bump map should work for it. Not sure how detailed you want them to be but maybe looking into doing 'Sub Surface Scattering' render pass to give it the slight transluscence it has.

Chris

# 3 28-01-2009 , 04:39 PM
I found soft modification of the sphere gave the organic look.. but thanks for the advice, I will post my work in the appropriate forum soon!

Justin